Monday, September 1, 2008

Outta here...

Today is the first day of the islamic month of ramadan. It is really quite annoying. We are not allowed to eat or drink in public during daylight hours and many of the stores have reduced hours during the day. That makes it hard for those of us who don't want to shop in the evening/middle of the night. I can't believe this is our third ramadan here! We have been here exactly two years today.

Luckily, Micah, Levi and I get to leave Doha tomorrow for Stephen's wedding in Austria! James will join us on the weekend. We are quite excited. I made the mistake last week of telling Micah we were going to see Uncle Stephen soon...she was very upset that we didn't see him that day. We had to mark on a calendar the day we were going on an airplane and then cross off the days leading up. She is really excited today because she knows it is tomorrow that we get to go. Hopefully she won't be all shy once she actually is around Stephen. But she loves talking about him! :) And she can actually say Sigrid's (Stephen's future bride) name now too! Other than the wedding, I am looking forward to a little shopping and the weather, even if it is supposed to rain some...reminds me that I still need to pack my umbrella and stroller cover!

No comments: