Friday, October 31, 2008

October Texas visit

After a short week in Houston while James was at a conference, the kids and I went to my dad's house near Austin for three weeks and James went on to Canada. We had a great time and hope we didn't cramp Dad and Sharon's style too much!

Levi loved Grandpa's coffee cup



At Pedernales State Park just down the road from Dad's house.












This cat loves having babies crawl all over him...kinda like a massage!



On the Riverwalk in San Antonio - it was a rainy day but we (meaning me) loved it!








I was expecting some packages to be delivered so we left the gate for the driveway open and this is what happens! If they don't want cow patties all over, they have to chase the longhorns back out! It was quite funny to me!






While we were there, Levi learned how to get up on his hands and knees. He also started sitting! He is still working on crawling - he'll move his knees but then flop his front down and then scoot forward that way. He can't seem to figure out his hands yet.



Look at all the nice orange pumpkins! If we want orange pumpkins here in Doha, you've got to pay a LOT! Like over $30. We can get pale and green ones here but there not as beautiful as these! I thought about smuggling some in. Will they grow in my backyard?





One of my purchases was the pair of snow boots seen here. Micah insisted on wearing them all day. And for some reason, she wanted to sweep the porch! (You may be wondering why I need snow boots in Qatar? We are going to Finland in December.)







At lunch in the beautiful weather!



Carving a pumpkin with Grandpa






No comments: